Pages

Friday 20 September 2013

OOTD- Going Gothic + BLOG UPDATES!

Hello darling's! Long time, no see!
So I have quite a few things I need to get off my chest as you may have noticed, if you keep up with this blog and/or have been a previous visitor. I haven't been posting :( 
MAIN REASON!:
I haven't really had the time or the motivation to blog! Long story short, I started college a couple of weeks ago and due to my social awkwardness, I needed a lot of time to prepare for that environment again!
That being said, I also lost my love and inspiration for blogging and youtube. I don't really have the most creative mind and I find it quite difficult to stick at things.

I am DEFINITELY back because I really love blogging and I really enjoy making youtube videos also!
I just need to make a little decision about what I want to do. I'm going to make a video making and blogging schedule and decide what "niches" and "genres" (I guess) I want my youtube and blogs to focus on!

Corset: Ebay

Now onto less boring things! I love playing dress up and a couple of months ago I went through one of my more "gothic" stages. I love symphonic metal music and after spending hours obsessing over my fave symphonic metal bands, ordering a ton of CDs and wasting my life away watching music videos, I decided to get all dolled up and channel my inner "goth chick".

So here is what I did:


My studded leather jacket is from Yours Clothing. It was around £35 in the sale (I can't REALLY remember the exact price in the sale because it was a couple months ago) and I wear it religiously. Even with "normal" outfits! I wish I had some close ups of the studding details, but it's beautiful!.


Ignore the incredibly awkward pose! 
The main outfit was made up of an awesome corset I bought ages ago from Ebay! It was about £20 excl. postage, which was a couple of pounds, and is great quality! I can't remember the actual seller, but it was a plus size Ebay lingerie store. I'd wanted a corset for ages and this one is a little bit too much now I've seen a few, but I love this one and will definitely be looking for some more to buy for when I get in a dress up mood!
I paired the corset with a long, black maxi skirt from Yours Clothing. I bought the skirt a year or so back and it fits really nice. It was around £24 if I remember correctly, but it's nothing special and I'm sure you could find a cheaper alternative somewhere. I wanted the look to be a bit more traditional, so that's why I wore a skirt instead of leggings or black jeans!

I also paired the outfit with some long, black satin gloves! I found these on amazon for a bit less than £10! I don't really know why I bought them to be honest but I really like them for adding something to outfits like this and I knew I would find a use for them one day!



My serious face says it all!

For makeup, I didn't want to overdo it with a black or purple lipstick (though I did actually try a couple different colours on) and I thought red might clash with the corset colours, so I went for a nude!
For the eyes, I wanted a dark, smokeyish look. I didn't actually get any pictures of the makeup itself so the above photo is the best I could do to be honest!
I don't think I did anything amazingly out of the ordinary here so I'll leave it at that for makeup!


I really enjoyed dressing like this and I actually recreated the look (minus gloves) for a professional photoshoot I did!


But this time I DID go with a dark purple lipstick!

I really enjoyed the gothic experience and I love the style in general!

Really hope you enjoyed my first blog post back!

http://www.whenshadowsremain.blogspot.co.uk
When Shadows Remain
Bridget-Nicole
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Love the outfits, the corset is wonderful! :) the goth look suits you a lot :D

    ReplyDelete