Pages

Monday 9 June 2014

Gold Smoke Makeup Step by Step!


Hey guys!

So a couple days ago I posted a few pics from a little practice photoshoot I did! I used this makeup look and really liked the way it turned out so thought I would use this makeup as my MOTD post today!

I didn't just want to write down the items I used, but I also wanted to kind of give a little tutorial!

I'm going to write out a few brief steps so you can recreate this look!


EYES:

Step 1: I always start with the eyes if I am doing a smokey eye and/or using colour because fallout is a gurantee! First you should use a long lasting primer to keep it lasting. Apply all over the lid and up to the brow, blend with your fingers. Then use a sticky base such as a paint pot. I used MAC paint pot in Painterly and as primer I used Urban Decay Primer Potion.

Step 2: Take your favourite crease brush and a completely CLEAN blending brush. I used Sigma brushes for this. The fluffy blending brush (don't know the number) and the Sigma Concealer F70 brush as my crease brush. I'm using the Naked 3 Palette. Start with your under brow highlight. Depending on how much of a highlight you like and how far in you like it, use any brush you like to apply Strange to under the brow bone. Start in the crease and right from the inner corner to the outer V put Nooner. Then on top of that put a little bit of Factory. Start from the middle of the crease and move to the outer, bring a little bit down into the outer V. Blend with your clean brush. Then take Darkside and put that on the outer V take it right into the lash line on the outer 3/4 and blend with your clean brush. Take a tiny bit of Blackheart and go over that, but pat because it is quite a dark colour! Then take your lid shade Trick and put it all over the lid but not into the crease, pack on the colour until it is very intense. Don't blend just yet. Take a clean crease brush (NOT your blending brush) and with a light hand use Mugshot to blend out ALL the colours! Then go back over the outer V with Darkside and Blackheart to intensify and just blend where you think needs to be blended.

Step 3: Apply top eyeliner. Use any type of eyeliner that you are comfortable using! I use a fine tip pen liner by Rimmel. It's the Scandal Eyes one. Make sure your eyeliner is very black and apply a thin-ish line of it from the inner to the outer. You can do a flick or a cat eye if you like but I don't because I don't like the way it looks on my eyeshape. It doesn't have to be perfect because we're putting quite big lashes on top anyway.

Step 4: Apply a very small amount of mascara on the top lashes and some on the bottom. Take a pencil liner brush, I used the Sigma pencil brush and take the Blackheart colour from the palette and sweep it under the waterline NOT on to about the middle right to the outer part of the eye so it connects with the darker colour on the top of the lid. 

Step 5: Line the waterline with a dark intense black. 

Step 6: Apply eyelashes (do this after you've completely finished though).


FACE:

Step 1: Apply Moisturizer and face primer. I used Nivea Daily Moisturizer. And Dior Skinflash Primer.

Step 2:  Apply Concealer and foundation. I used the Dior Skin Nude concealer and foundation. In shades 001 and 100. 

Step 3: Apply bronzer as contour. Under the cheekbones, on the temples and under the chin. You can do it down the nose also but I don't because I don't like the way it looks. I used the Bourjous Chocolate Bronzer.

Step 4: Apply a blush to the apples of the cheeks and blend outwards to just above the contour part.
I used MAC mineralize blush in Dainty.

Step 5: Apply a highlight shade under the eye in a diagonal line. This sounds a lot more complicated then it is. Blend it into the blush and contour if you used a bit too much and blend the 3 colours together slightly. I used ELF studio blush, the complete white one (don't remember the name.)



LIPS: 

Step 1: Lightly pat your lipstick colour of choice over your lips until satisfied with the intensity. Use more if you want a stronger colour or use less if you want a thinner layer. I used MAC Snob.

Step 2: Put a thin layer of lipgloss over the top. Rub your lips together. I used the YSL lipstain in 18.


And there you go! 
That's the end result. Literally just play around with different colours and shades and just have fun with it!

Bridget-Nicole
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment