Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2013

L'Oreal GlamShine Stain Splash + Comparison to YSL.

So here is part 2 to my review on the new L'Oreal lip products. Part 1 was on the Rouge Caresse Lipsticks. Click here to read about them. Basically these are the lipglosses (or lipstains, whichever you prefer) that I bought alongside them. I meant to get this up a bit quicker but have been preoccupied with other blog posts!

These have been compared a lot to the YSL lipstains and are apparently quite similiar. As I own a "original" as to speak I decided I would do another comparison post.

These lipstains come in a range of colours and cost £7.99 each from anywhere you can purchase L'Oreal Paris. I got mine from Boots on 3 for 2. The three colours I have to show you today are (in order on the picture) Princess, Eve and Lolita.
All three colours are very pretty but they are each quite different. Princess is quite pigmented, whereas Lolita and Eve are not and come out rather sheer.

The packaging is beautiful but you open them almost upside down and I nearly spilled mine the first time I tried to open it. You would presume that the narrow end is what you twist and open but it's actually the square bit at the bottom. The wand is a heart shaped applicator and is actually rather nice. The texture is nice and watery, which sounds disgusting but is actually quite nice in my personal preference. I don't like sticky lipgloss and as these are stains I thought they were going to be incredibly sticky. But on the contrary! They glided on and were really nice to apply. When you rub your lips together you can feel it but it isn't that sticky or horrendous-feeling. They feel quite nice.

The staying power isn't amazing, they almost immediately fade and smudge/smeer quite easily! Lolita and Eve are both very sheer and more like tinted (somewhat) lip balms. They do feel nourishing but aren't amazingly pigmented.

I took some pictures, swatches and lip swatches which I will now post here:
This is Princess:
This is Eve:

That was Lolita ^^^

At £7.99 they are decent quality, they have nice packaging, texture and smell.


Comparison to YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain Lip:
YSL stains are much nicer. They are so much more pigmented, stay on longer and have a slightly nicer texture. L'Oreal in my opinion has nicer packaging (which is shocking to say as in my honest opinion, YSL have the best packaging in the cosmetics industry today) and a nicer smell. The YSL texture and the L'Oreal texture are VERY similiar and the smell is somewhat similiar though YSL is a lot more noticeable. It's a horrible smell by the way!
The colour selection is different and the YSL price tag is a lot higher. Both have pro's and con's but I have to give this round to YSL purely for staying power, visibility and texture. L'Oreal wins on packaging and price though.

At Boots the L'Oreal stains will set you back a mere £7.99 a pop compared to the whopping £23.50 that Yves Saint Laurent will cost you!!

I like the both very much and will most likely be purchasing more shades of both brands! L'Oreal is definitely worth a try, so next time you're at the drugstore give them a go!

Here is the YSL lipstain. (No hand swatch!)
Shade is 18.

Buy YSL Lip Stain Here.

Buy L'Oreal GlamShine Stain Splash Here

Thanks for reading!
Hope to hear from you in the comments or on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/WSRbblog http://www.twitter.com/2KRager and on Instagram- bridgeexplicit

When Shadows Remain
Bridget-Nicole
xoxo


1 comment: