Pages

Monday 6 May 2013

Weekly WeightLoss Roundup! Week One-

My weight is something I have struggled with for years. I was always one of the biggest girls in my class at school and was pretty much overweight for as long as I can remember. But when I was eleven I went through a very traumatic experience, which I won't talk about, and my weight ballooned. I lost control over my eating and would often turn to food as a comfort. I have struggled with depression secretly from the age of eleven. Dealing with self harm and overeating. Then when I was thirteen I  basically had a mental breakdown. Again I won't go into much detail about that right now as it's very personal.

Food was a release. It was a way out. And at times it was my only friend. But now it's got to the point where it has turned into an enemy, almost an addiction. And while we all need food to survive, it is also a BAD addiction. I feel that people are FAR to judgmental when it comes to weight and they often think people are fat because they like eating too much and are lazy. While this can be true, I think it is often misjudged. In my opinion weight is nearly always linked to emotional troubles. I'm not going to go into my personal believes.

I have been yo-yo dieting for years now and I am sick of being the size I am. I am confident in myself and I don't mind being this size but I don't LIKE it. So that is why I have decided to REALLY try to lose weight this year! Every day is a new beginning and I might as well start now!

I have joined My Fitness Pal (well actually I have been a member for quite some time!) which is basically a food and exercise tracker. It gives you a daily calorie allowance and you have to stick to it to lose weight. You just enter what you have eaten and it totals your calories. You do the same for exercise.

Every Monday I will be weighing in and doing a little post (not as long as this one) about my progress (or lack thereof) and how I'm feeling. This is definitely going to be tough but I hope you will join me on this journey and follow my process. :)

I'm going to keep my weight to myself right now as I don't feel comfortable sharing it right now!

I will also be making youtube videos on this matter :D

Thanks for reading.
Hope to hear from you soon.
When Shadows Remain
Bridget-Nicole
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment